jqGrid is free, open source and gets distributed under the MIT license.
- Works fine under IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera
- The UI comes in 20+ languages
- CSS customizable
- Paging and sorting
- Search and filtering
- In-place cell editing or on-the-fly form creation to edit a record
- Supports subgrids and tree grid for displaying hierarchical data
- AJAX enabled
- Accepts XML/JSON/local array data sources
Free wrappers for PHP and ASP.NET exist.
For more information on jqGrid wrappers, please, check out the other sections of this site.